Rodents are one of the biggest pests people have to deal with in their homes. They can cause great damage, from chewing through electrical wires and insulation to spreading diseases like salmonella and Hantavirus. Unfortunately, they reproduce quickly and can be difficult to remove once they’ve taken up residence in your home or business. That's why calling United Pest Solutions is important if you suspect you have a rodent problem in Bellevue or the Greater Bellevue Area.
The experts at United Pest Solutions understand how serious rodent infestations can be. They will work quickly and efficiently to identify entry points, exterminate any existing rodents, clean up droppings, seal off potential access points for future infestation, and provide ongoing maintenance services as needed. Our experienced technicians use modern equipment such as traps, baits, dust, and gels, which are proven effective against rodents while safe for humans and pets alike.
In addition to getting rid of current rat or mouse problems on your property, our team also offers preventative services such as exclusion repairs, which help keep these pests out for good! We understand how stressful it can be to deal with an uninvited guest like rats or mice, so we respond quickly with same-day services and are available 24/7 to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Signs You May Have a Rodent Infestation
Signs you may have a rodent infestation can vary in subtlety, but it's crucial to be vigilant, as these pests can cause damage to your home and pose health risks. Here are some common indicators to watch for:
- Droppings: One of the most obvious signs is the presence of rodent droppings. These small, dark pellets can be found near food sources, in cupboards, drawers, or along walls.
- Gnaw Marks: Rodents have a strong urge to gnaw on objects to keep their teeth from growing too long. Look for chewed-up cardboard, wires, or wood, as well as gnaw marks on food containers.
- Scratching Noises: If you hear scratching, squeaking, or scampering sounds in your walls or ceiling, it's a strong indicator of rodents nesting in your home.
- Nests: Rodents create nests from shredded materials like paper, fabric, and insulation. Discovering these nests, typically hidden in secluded areas, is a sure sign of an infestation.
- Unusual Pet Behavior: Dogs and cats may display increased interest in specific areas or exhibit hunting behavior when rodents are present.
- Food Contamination: Rodents contaminate food by gnawing into packaging or leaving droppings behind. Check your pantry for any signs of tampering with food items.
- Unexplained Allergies or Illnesses: Rodents can spread diseases through droppings, urine, and saliva. If family members or pets experience unexplained illnesses, it may be related to a rodent infestation.
If you suspect that rats or mice have infiltrated your home or business, don't wait! Contact United Pest Solutions today at (888) 880-3374 for a free estimate and we’ll provide the reliable rodent control services you need in Bellevue.
Preventative Pest Control Measures
While it's essential to address a current pest problem, it's equally important to take preventative measures to avoid future infestations. Our team at United Pest Solutions can provide expert advice and services to help keep your home pest-free.
Some preventative pest control measures include:
- Sealing cracks and crevices in your home to prevent entry
- Properly storing food and garbage to avoid attracting pests
- Regularly cleaning and decluttering your home to eliminate hiding spots for pests
- Installing screens on windows and doors to prevent pests from entering
- Scheduling routine pest inspections and treatments to catch potential issues early
By taking these proactive steps, you can minimize the risk of future pest infestations and maintain a comfortable, pest-free home.
Rodents are common in the Bellevue area when temperatures drop, and they're looking for shelter. Rodents can cause significant damage to your property, contaminate food sources, spread diseases, and create noise disturbances. To protect yourself from the threat of rodents, it is important to understand what types of rodents are active in your area and how to identify them.
Here is a list of some of the most commonly encountered rodents:
- Norway rats: Norway rats are large and can grow up to 16 inches. They have brown fur with a lighter belly. These rodents like to live in lower levels of buildings and create burrows outdoors.
- Roof rats: Roof rats tend to be slightly smaller than Norway rats, growing up to 13 inches in size. They have black fur on their bodies with white undersides, making them easy to identify from other rat species. Roof rats prefer living indoors and typically inhabit attics or the upper levels of structures.
- House mice: House mice are small, usually only 4-7 inches long as adults. Their grayish-brown coats can vary depending on their genetics and habitat type. These pests produce large litters quickly, which makes it essential for homeowners to act fast when they spot an infestation of house mice inside the home or business property
- Deer mice: Deer mice are common all over the United States but are especially prevalent in Bellevue where there is plenty of woodland space nearby for them to live in relative safety from predators. Unlike house mice, deer mice don't nest together but instead dwell alone within crevices close to one another's territory; these creatures also possess distinct markings on their coat that set them apart from other rodent species.
Our team’s commitment to solving our community’s pest problem is the foundation of our company. With our team, you can say goodbye to unwanted pests for good.
Rodent control can be a difficult task to handle on your own, as most DIY methods are only effective at providing temporary relief from the problem. To ensure complete and thorough rodent control, it is best to enlist the help of an experienced professional who knows how to properly identify and eliminate these pests. At United Pest Solutions, we take a comprehensive approach when dealing with rodents to provide our clients with long-term solutions.
The steps we take to address rodents include:
- Inspection: We start with a thorough inspection of the property to identify problem areas and determine where rodents are likely to enter.
- Baiting and trapping: Once we know where the rodents are entering, our technicians will set up bait boxes and traps in those locations to control their population.
- Exclusion services: After eliminating the current infestation, we can provide exclusion services so that future rodent invasions can be prevented or minimized.
- Sanitation recommendations: Finally, we make recommendations for improving sanitation around your home or business property to discourage further infestations.
If you have a rodent problem in your home or business property, don't delay in getting help. United Pest Solutions is here to offer fast and efficient solutions so you can be free of rodents once and for all!
Contact us today at (888) 880-3374 to schedule a free estimate with one of our experienced technicians. We look forward to helping you keep your home and business safe from rodents!